מורה חוקר מורה יוזם בהוראת אנגלית כשפה זרה
Course Coordinator: Dorit Cohen
The course Pedagogical Innovations and Research in EFL will empower teachers to enhance professional learning communities (PLCs). Teachers will share and critically examine their practices in an ongoing, reflective, collaborative and growth-promoting process to mutually enhance teacher and student learning and will lead an educational initiative.
The program focuses on the processes of learning and teaching strategies for developing skills that will allow EFL students to become independent learners.
The theoretical and practical didactic studies of this program will cover the development of learning and teaching strategies/skills and current theories and methodologies of language assessment, using the planning and processes of action research and implementation as the basis needed for leading an educational initiative.
- Processes and methodologies of learning and teaching strategies
- Teacher-centered vs. pupil-centered classroom environments 3.
- Theoretical aspects for developing quality educational initiatives
- Research methods and tools in Action Research
- Fostering professional learning communities among teachers
Place and Time
The course will take place at Talpiot College, 7 Yotveta St., Holon, on Tuesdays from 16:00-19:00.
First session is on November 8th 2016